Originally Posted On September 17, 2012
I have been asked a lot lately for the secret to losing weight. I don’t think there is a secret necessarily, just a lot of hard work, dedication, and consistency. But regardless, I have shared a few tips that I have learned that may help you along your weight loss goals.
5 Tips for Weight Loss
1. Drink a gallon of water a day. The body is made up of mostly water and it is used in the absorption and transportation of nutrients so it plays a critical role in the everyday functions of the body.
2. Eat protein! Females seem to be the biggest culprits of skimping on protein intake, but if you are active and partake in resistance training, you should eat your bodyweight in grams of protein.
3. Eat unprocessed foods. The cleaner your diet, the better your results will be.
4. Be consistent! Your body is a reflection of what you eat. As I tell everyone, you can’t outwork a bad diet so the more consistent you are with eating clean, the greater likelihood you will achieve the results you are looking for.
5. Calories in must be less than calories out if you are looking to lose weight. Simple math folks.