I realize the title may turn you off a bit, but these are amazing and I will tell you why:
- Extremely portable and who doesn’t love a mini meat loaf in a muffin shape?
- They were DELICIOUS!
- You can freeze the extras and pull them out for a quick meal.
The recipe was extremely easy, so no excuses not to make them! I will most likely be making them again very soon!
- 3lbs 93% lean ground meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tbl. minced garlic
- 3 egg whites
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/4c italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- 2 Tbl. low sodium meatloaf seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. chipotle seasoning
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mash together–it’s ok to use your hands! Use a muffin tin of your choice and spoon the meatloaf into each hole pressing down to insure you get in as much meatloaf as possible. Fill until the meatloaf is right below the flat surface of the muffin tin. Cook for approximately 20-30 minutes depending on your muffin tin size. Once done, gingerly lift each meatloaf muffin from the tin and let them cool–or eat right away (I believe I lost 4 somehow before I was even finished cooking all of them)!